The BC Action Party is an inspired and dedicated group of citizens dedicated to transforming government through active engagement. We welcome everyone who shares our commitment to a better British Columbia.
The BC Action Party is not dedicated to any one part of the political spectrum and is neither a left nor a right leaning party. Instead, the BC Action Party seeks to attract and include British Columbians from the many diverse regions of this great Province whether they be in in interior, the north or the south and whether they be urban or rural. To bring such diversity together the BC Action Party does not focus on differences but rather on connections between us.
Historically, in British Columbia our citizens must pick between extreme positions, either an impersonal dedication to the pursuit of budgets or a blind devotion to impractical ideology. The BC Action Party bridges these two extremes by balancing the need for strong fiscal management with the need to ensure that our way of life is sustainable and responsible. We are certain that all British Columbians would agree that this balance is needed and missing.
The foundation for our policy development is rooted in the following principles:
- Democracy– fostering institutions and processes that enhance democratic values.
- Accountability– expecting governments at all levels to answer to the people for the decisions they have made.
- Responsibility– defining good government as one that lives within its means and whose representatives spend public money wisely in the interests of all British Columbians.
- Compassion– caring for those in society who need support.
- Respect– treating all British Columbians as being equally valuable, regardless of ability, race, gender, religion, language, marital status and/or sexual orientation.
- Entrepreneurship– providing a climate where all British Columbians have the opportunity to succeed through hard work and initiative.
- Self-Reliance– supporting people who are able to help themselves remain or become independent.
- Stewardship– passing on a natural environment to future generations that is the same or better than the one we inherited.
- Patriotism– taking pride in our cultures, our communities, our province and our country.
British Columbia was once the “Best Place on Earth” and the BC Action Party strives to make it so again. Our goal is to earn the trust of British Columbians and form government by the year 2020. Join us in this vision and passion.
Please join us, make a donation and volunteer for the BC Action Party.